Job Title: Technical Service & Operations Assistant Manager
Department: Technical Service
Reports to: Director of Technical Services & Engineering
Under the direction of the Director of Technical Service Manager, this position requires versatility and will perform both department management functions and water/ wastewater treatment system operations for the company. This is a full-time position with an office at our Napa, California, corporate headquarters. We estimate the responsibilities listed below to be most efficiently carried out with 60% of the workload completed in the office and 40% at our client locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as second in command to Director of Technical Services & Engineering; provide coverage for management items and client correspondence within the department. Currently, the service department has seven (7) employees total. This hire will be the eighth.
- Directly supervise Technical Service Representatives.
- Train Technical Service Representatives in service requirements and be primary troubleshooting contact for these direct reports. Involve Operations staff, and/or the Director of Technical Service on issues when necessary.
- Coordinate and run weekly staff meetings for progress checks and updates within the department.
- Build out service offerings in client base.
- Manage/oversee new installation, coordinate with staff, client and outside contractors. Perform PVC piping, conduit, control panel and wiring on these installations when needed.
- Collaborate with and Lead Compliance Coordinator & Compliance Reporting Manager to ensure all client data is input and correct on each client log sheet, compliance report and service report.
- Lead TSRs by setting example with quality work product, punctuality, and professionalism.
- Work with contracted analytical laboratories to create Chain of Custody forms, update CoCs, and verify new sample kits and CoCs are correct before the first service visit.
- Work with Compliance Coordinator on new client onboarding processes and interface with accounting to ensure new account and billing is set up in Quickbooks Enterprise correctly.
- Work with the Compliance Coordinator and Director of Tech Services to resolve any regulatory issues that may occur.
- Collect and manage client data for reporting. Understand the compliance reporting process and be available to handle compliance reporting when needed.
- Perform operations services and collect compliance samples and client water/ wastewater and cooling water data. Issue timely compliance reports, installation recaps and/or service report in the format and frequency outlined in the permit/contract.
- Responsible for representing the client to the regulatory agencies and attending inspections.
- Perform customer service calls for assigned clients.
- Manage the company’s potable water clients. This includes sample collection, report generation, system maintenance, inspections, supervision of compliance coordinator, and other licensed services.
- Responsible for leading and coordinating maintenance and repairs on contract wastewater, potable water and cooling water systems.
- Responsible for creating outside sales opportunities to obtain new clients or build our existing client offerings. Handle inside sales opportunities that arise.
- Check lab results and data graphs frequently to catch discrepancies and errors and get an idea for trends and system performance.
- Responsible for understanding and upholding state, county, and city regulations as it pertains to our contracts and work performed for our clientele.
- Motivation to grow within the company/industry.
- Create proposals and contracts for new and existing client sales opportunities.
- Assist with administration of the CloudHSI client data site.
High School Diploma required; advanced degree desired. Must possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain customer relationships. Technical, mechanical, mathematical, and troubleshooting skills are essential. Must possess a valid CA driver’s license. Must obtain and maintain Distribution II and Treatment II potable water licenses within 6 months of employment. Obtaining operator-in-training (OIT) certification to attain a Grade II wastewater license in an appropriate time, depending on education and experience, is desired.
The work environment at Heritage Systems is that of a commercial office and industrial warehouse space. The expectation for this role is that it will be full-time in the office or in the field. There will be opportunities to work remotely from home under special, supervisor-approved circumstances. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. This is subject to change at the discretion of management.
Performance Review Basis
Employees will be reviewed and evaluated by their supervisor in regular intervals during the first six (6) months after hire date and on an annual basis thereafter. Performance will be judged based on the ability to carry out the functions of the position as described in Essential Duties and Responsibilities.